WASHINGTON - The National Transportation Safety Board will hold an investigative hearing to discuss the ongoing investigation into the January 12 smoke and electrical arcing accident that occurred in a tunnel near the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station in Washington, D.C.
The hearing, which will be held June 23-24, 2015, at the NTSB’s Board Room and Conference Center in Washington, DC, will focus on the following:
- Conditions leading to the arcing
- Emergency response efforts
- WMATA’s efforts to improve its overall safety and safety culture (since the Fort Totten accident in June 2009)
- The state of WMATA’s infrastructure
- The Federal Transit Administration’s rulemaking on public transportation safety
- The Tri-State Oversight Committee’s oversight responsibilities
Parties participating in the investigative hearing will be announced at a later time. Further investigative updates and investigative hearing information will be issued as events warrant.
For the latest, follow the investigation on Twitter at @NTSB, or on our website at ntsb.gov. Sign up for news releases at http://www.ntsb.gov/registration/registration.aspx.